Rob Corcoran talks about the 5 best ways to make an improvement to your property and add value to your home.
1. Remodel Kitchen – If remodeling your kitchen, remodel your entire kitchen. Potential buyers don’t want to have to redo the rest of the kitchen themselves. If your planning to do soft upgrades, simple things like painting the cabinets can make a huge difference.
2. Add Light – Many homes built even 10-15 years ago do not have adequate lights in today’s standards. Things like sky lights and canned lighting can make a bid difference.
3. Increase Curb Appeal – Simple things like fertilizing your lawn, and adding new trees and vegetation change the feel of your home.
4. Maintaining/Add Deck – Regular staining can help make your home more appealing to a buyer. If adding a deck, don’t make it to small. A deck that does not comfortably fit 8-10 people may be too small.
5. Update bathrooms – If updating one bathroom, update all of them. Keeping consistency throughout all of the bathrooms will both accomplish your goal and add value to your home.
Before starting any large project, sit down with a financial expert. That way you can review your plans, and make your dream a reality. Visithttps://www.macu.com for information and to schedule an appointment with a financial expert.